Beyond the Veil: The Myriad
John Ch'ang (Heng Zhi)
You like to attack innocents? You are a monster, and you won't get to see the moon rise again.
Path: Obrimos | Order: Adamantine Arrow
Virtue: Fortitude | Vice: Wrath
- Intelligence 2 | Wits 3 | Resolve 3
- Strength 3 | Dexterity 3 | Stamina 3
- Presence 2 | Manipulation 1 | Composure 3
- Mental: Academics 1 | Crafts 2 | Medicine 2 (Rote Skill) | Occult 2
- Physical: Athletics 3 (Acrobatic Specialty, Rote Skill) | Brawl 4 (Kung Fu, Grappling Speciality) | Larceny 1 | Weaponry 3 (Improvised Specialty)
- Social: Empathy 2 | Expression 1 | Intimidation 1 (Rote Skill)
Merits: Kung Fu 4 | Resources 1 | Hallow (1) 2 | Sanctum (1) 2 | Qinna 1 | Language: Chinese 1 | Chain Fighting 1 | Aikido 1 | Status: Adamantine Arrow 1 | Brawling Dodge 1 | Enhanced Item (Li’s Bracelet [Durability +2])
Health 7 | Willpower 6 | Gnosis 5 | Wisdom 7
Size 5 | Defense 3 | Initiative Mod 8 | Speed 11 | Experience 2 (Arcane Experience 3)
Arcana: Forces 4 | Life 3 | Mind 1 | Prime 2 | Space 2
Legacy: Perfected Adept
- First Attainment: Body Temple—Many bonuses due to control over metabolism and bodily functions, and detect the auras of living creatures.
- Second Attainment: Chi Force—Honing the Form for Stamina equal to Life Dots, single action, no roll. Telekinetic Strike (Resolve + Brawl + Forces in bashing damage.)
- Arrow Storm (Vulgar, 10 = Dex + Ath + Forces, Forces 3, pg 171)—Re-angle bullets.
- Salve the Wounds of Battle (Covert, 8 = Dex + Med + Life, 1 Mana, Life 2, pg 183)—Heal self of bashing and lethal damage.
- Night As Day (Covert, 10 = Wits + Comp + Forces, Forces 1,pg 163)—Negate penalties due to darkness.
- Knife Fist (Vulgar, 11 = Str + Brawl + Forces, Forces 2, pg 164)—Deal lethal damage with bashing attacks.
- Know the Wolf By His Stance (Covert, 6 = Wits + Empathy + Mind, Mind 1, pg 205)—Detect mental state/aura.
- Supernal Vision (Covert, 7 = Wits + Occult + Prime, Prime 1, pg 221)—Detect supernatural auras.
- Influence Fire (Vulgar, 10 = Str + Ath + Forces, Forces 2, pg 166)—Pyrokinesis.
- Control Flames (Covert, 8 Pre + Occult + Forces, Forces 3, pg 168)—Increase/decrease size/intensity of flame
- Mask of Normalcy (Covert, 5 = Int + Craft + Mind, Mind 1, TotM 143)—Makes strange items look like everyday equivalents.
- Jian (Sword) 3L Damage, 2L Size
- Manriki Gusari 2B Damage, 2L Size
- Li’s Bracelet (Dedicated Tool)—Durability + 6
Special Dice Pools
- Unarmed: 10 (Str + Brawl + Spec + 1/2 Kung Fu)
- Sword: 9 (Str + Weaponry + Sword)
Zhi is a well-built thirty-five year old Chinese American. He stands about five-nine with black hair that looks like a couple-week old buzzcut. Zhi dresses in comfortable clothing to give himself the most maneuverability possible. Worn jeans and a t-shirt are under a coat or jacket that fits the season. In his dojo, The Life’s Flame, he wears a traditional kung fu uniform with the black pants and jacket over a black, gray, or white tanktop.
Zhi rents a small apartment on Elm Street, a few buildings away from The Life’s Flame Dojo.
He owns a black 95 Jeep Wrangler. Despite being in upstate New York for the better part of a year, he has yet to go mudbogging with it.
Zhi isn’t a fan of supernaturals picking on mortals and will go out of his way to kick someone’s ass for crossing the line. “Pick on someone your own size” normally isn’t a smart thing to say to a werewolf, but Zhi’s martial arts mixed with a touch of magic will level the playing field (and probably the werewolf). It doesn’t matter to Zhi whether you claim to be his ally or actively plot against him—prey on mortals in Plattsburgh, and you’re gonna have a talk with him.